Frequently asked questions
- Is CutePDF software Spyware?
As part of our commitment to personal privacy, all our products are free of Adware, Spyware and Malware.
This means that we will not display unwanted and intrusive advertising, or allow any malware or spyware to operate.
Click here to verify.
- CutePDF does not support NT 4.0 or
- CutePDF Writer does not support network
printer sharing or mapping.
- Unable to install.
Use an administrator account to install the application. In
some cases, especially when a domain controller is present on
the network, you should log on as "Administrator" to
local. Log on as an account with administrator privileges to
domain may not work.
- How to solve "Install Printer Driver failed"?
Download the newest
version and re-install it. You will get the same error
message, just click OK to continue. Follow the steps below to
add a Printer manually afterwards.
1) Go to Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes to add a local
2) Choose "CPW2: (CutePDF Writer)" on Select a
Printer Port dialog box, click Next.
3) Choose a Postscript printer (e.g. HP Color LaserJet PS), click Next.
4) Enter CutePDF Writer as Printer name, click Next ->
- How to reduce the size of output PDF
You can alter the parameters used in a text file
"%Program Files%\Acro Software\CutePDF Writer\PDFWrite.rsp".
The key parameters are in the line:
where configuration can be /screen, /printer, /prepress,
/default. Using /Printer can cut size by half. You may get
more info at here.
- Text characters are wrong or missing in
generated PDF file.
On Win2000 and up boxes, select CutePDF Writer properties in
the application print dialog box and click
"Advanced". Select "Download as Softfont"
(default is "Substitute with Device Fonts") on
TrueType Fonts setting for font embedding.
On Win98/ME boxes, open the property of CutePDF Writer and
change the Fonts setting to "Always use TrueType
- How to add a custom paper size?
Go to Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes. Choose Server
Properties command on File menu. Add your paper size on Forms
- How to bypass Save As dialog box ,or
make unattended installation?
The Custom Edition
supports those features.
- Does CutePDF Writer support Terminal
CutePDF Writer supports one session at a time on TS.
The Custom Edition supports multiple sessions.
- Unable to save the PDF file to a mapped
drive on Terminal/Citrix server.
The Custom Edition
supports mapped drives on Terminal/Citrix server.
- How to use other Ghostscript or PS2PDF
converter with CutePDF Writer?
CutePDF Writer detects the installation of Ghostscript
automatically. If you want to use other converter application,
simply create a Setup.ini file in "%Program Files%\Acro
Software\CutePDF Writer" folder and put following
parameters in it.
Command=put exe filename here
Arguments=put arguments here
(e.g. -sOutputFile="%1" -c save pop -f -)